Theta Network Could Soon Have a Cross-chain Bridge with Ethereum
- Theta Network will release version 3.1.0 of its mainnet on July 25th with the hard fork occurring on July 30th
- The new iteration of the Theta Network mainnet will support the Ethereum RPC API
- The compatibility with Ethereum RPC API will lower the learning curve of users migrating from Ethereum and open the doors for the development of a cross-chain bridge between Theta and Ethereum
The team at Theta Network will be releasing a new iteration of the mainnet (version 3.1.0) on the 25th of this month. The new upgrade will be available on Github on the stated date, with the hard fork occurring on July 30th.
Theta Network Could Soon Have a Cross-Chain Bridge With Ethereum
Theta Network version 3.1.0 will introduce several improvements that will enhance the usability of the network. One of the improvements is the support for the Ethereum RPC API that could pave the way for the development of a cross-chain bridge between Theta Network and Ethereum. The team at Theta Network went on to explain the significance of the Ethereum RPC API through the following statement.
Release v3.1.0 along with the RPC adaptor project will provide support for the Ethereum RPC API, similar to BSC and Polygon, Ethereum dapps that are ported over to Theta can also use the same API calls to interact with Theta blockchain. This upgrade also paves the way for cross-chain bridge development since the Theta and Ethereum blockchains can share the same set of APIs.
Additional Theta Network Improvements in Version 3.1.0
Version 3.1.0 of the Theta Network will also include the following improvements.
- A new block proposal protocol that eliminates the wait time of a validator block proposer without affecting liveness guarantees
- Introduction of a ‘rolling database’ which enables faster data read/write even when the database size grows very big
- Reduction of the snapshot validation and import time from 45 minutes to 15 minutes